Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: executable can't find the database
IBB Forum > IBB Support > ADO-Toolkit
Adrie
Hello,

I have a problem using the addo tool. I made a program using labview 8.5 and the addo toolkit. Everything works fine until i made a executable. Than it gives the error 5012: the database file does not exist ! The database does exist and i placed it in the same folder as the .exe file. What do am i doing wrong?

Greets,
Adrie
CB
QUOTE (Adrie @ 08. Dec 2008, 12:16) *
Hello,

I have a problem using the addo tool. I made a program using labview 8.5 and the addo toolkit. Everything works fine until i made a executable. Than it gives the error 5012: the database file does not exist ! The database does exist and i placed it in the same folder as the .exe file. What do am i doing wrong?

Greets,
Adrie

if you are using absolute path (hardcoded), the database file has to be in that place where you coded it, which is not recommended.

if you are using relative path (recommended), then you have to "double strip" the path, because LV treats the exe-file like a folder. E.G. if you use "this VI --> VI's Path" to get the Path to the main VI, that path will be in an executable:

HDD:\\examplefolder\myLabVIEWexe.exe\myMainvi.vi. If you "double stripp" this path, you'll get the folder, where your exe resides, and where your mdb-file shold be ...
Adrie
QUOTE (CB @ 08. Dec 2008, 12:04) *
if you are using absolute path (hardcoded), the database file has to be in that place where you coded it, which is not recommended.

if you are using relative path (recommended), then you have to "double strip" the path, because LV treats the exe-file like a folder. E.G. if you use "this VI --> VI's Path" to get the Path to the main VI, that path will be in an executable:

HDD:\\examplefolder\myLabVIEWexe.exe\myMainvi.vi. If you "double stripp" this path, you'll get the folder, where your exe resides, and where your mdb-file shold be ...

The problem is solved worshippy.gif I had to double stripp the path. I only stripped it once. Thanks for the help, now the ADDO Tool is working great! thumbup.gif worshippy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.