Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Versions of Access
IBB Forum > IBB Support > ADO-Toolkit
MM79
I have a quick question about the versions of Access supported by the toolkit. I am currently using Access 2003 and it works a treat with the toolkit. The IT department in my work are talking about upgrading to Office 2007, does the toolkit work with Access 2007?
CB
QUOTE (MM79 @ 08. Aug 2008, 21:35) *
I have a quick question about the versions of Access supported by the toolkit. I am currently using Access 2003 and it works a treat with the toolkit. The IT department in my work are talking about upgrading to Office 2007, does the toolkit work with Access 2007?

The ADO Toolkit is not based on any Access Version. It's based on ADO, which is a part of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). You don't even need to have Access installed on a Machine to use the ADO Toolkit, you only have to make sure, that the MDAC is installed, which usually is on all Windows machines with Windows 2000 or higher.

The Database Engine behind Access is the JET Database engine. Access is just a frontend, which is - in a way - similar to the SQL Management Studio or MySQL Studio, etc and has no own database engine.

=> there is no Problem with the ADO Toolkit and Access 2007
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.